By Jeanette Johnson
To keep healthy in Solomon Islands, remember to follow the simple guide of SNAP-B. S: No Smoking
- Damages lungs, makes breathing difficult. Damages the heart and blood vessels.
- Talk about problems with helpful caring people. Exercise, laugh and sing!
- Healthy choices and amounts, of vegetables, fruit, sea foods and meats (chicken/beef)
- Drink 2 liters of water every day, more if exercising or perspiring a lot.
- Don’t had salt to meals, as many products have salt in them already.
- Moderation with 2 alcohol free days per week.
- Beer makes people pass a lot of urine so people often get a headache, so drink water with alcohol!
P: Physical activity
- 30 minutes at least, everyday which includes any team games, ie netball, soccer, golf, tennis etc or other sports, running, walking, swimming and dancing.
And B: Betel Nut None or small amount only as it makes the heart beat faster. Lime damages gums and teeth and can cause cancer.