By Leigh Pirie
- 200ml water
- 300g plain flour
- 300g salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Slowly and gradually pour the water into the flour and salt, mixing well.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
- Take the salt dough and place it on a clean surface that has been sprinkled with flour. Knead the dough until it is firm and wrap it in cling film. Place the dough in a fridge for 30 minutes before you use it.
- Roll out the salt dough to about 1cm thick. Use cookie cutter shapes to cut out the dough and place them on greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- Leave to dry naturally overnight, or bake in an oven for about 4 hours at low temperature.
- When they are dry, paint the salt dough with acrylic paint.